Southern Yellow Pine is an abundant and renewable resource that grows in a vast band across the Southern United States from East Texas to Virginia. It is a strong, stiff and durable wood that has been used since colonial times. Products manufactured include dimension lumber, posts, beams, plywood, finish, millwork, paneling and decking. It is also a favorite for tongue and groove flooring. Many Southern Yellow Pine floors were installed over a hundred years ago and remain beautiful and serviceable today.
Abundant, renewable and managed for sustainability, Southern Yellow Pine is a good environmental choice. Its warmth, beauty and durability make this wood very suitable for solid wood floors in any style of home.
Kiln-dried Southern Yellow Pine has the following characteristics.
- Southern Yellow Pine is a warm golden color when finished naturally and its beauty will increase as it ages. It can also be stained and finished to a wide variety of colors.
- Southern Yellow Pine is one of the strongest domestic softwoods. It is stiff, dense, durable, and highly resistant to wear.
- Kiln-dried Southern Yellow Pine is dimensionally stable. Warp, twist and cup are minimal when properly acclimated to the job site.
- Available in knotty and clear grades, southern pine can be rustic or elegant.
- Southern pine can be cut, ripped and milled with regular woodworking tools.
- Custom patterns and special orders are always available.
- Southern Yellow Pine flooring—durable, serviceable and attractive.